The Vaughn school community has established the following expected outcomes:
- The percent of students identified as proficient in all subject areas will increase annually by at least 3% as measured by state assessment programs
- Vaughn will meet annual California Academic Performance growth targets as measured by state criteria
- Actual student attendance will be maintained at 97% or better as measured by state-defined average daily attendance procedures
- All students will possess technological competence as measured by student work including projects, portfolios, and research utilizing the Internet.
- The drop-out rate in high school will be nonexistent
- Vaughn graduates will be prepared for post-secondary opportunities as measured by college testing data, college attainment, and follow up records on career development.
Global Leadership Performance Outcomes
Investigate the World:
Produce New Global Knowledge
- Explain the significance of topics and questions that have been explored around the world
- Explore how people in the past have looked at global issues.
- Use a variety of sources to answer and explore topics.
- Create an opinion based on evidence you have found
Apply Cross-Cultural Understanding
- Voice your opinions about what goes on in the world.
- Understand the various influences that shape those opinions
- Understand how people of different cultures see things from unique perspectives.
- Explain how the interaction of different cultural perspectives shapes the world we live in.
Connect and Collaborate Across Boundaries
- Find the message, moral, or meaning in literature, history, and global situations.
- Understand how perspective depends on audience.
- Effectively use written and verbal strategies to communicate your ideas.
- Use various media and technology to communicate with diverse audiences.
- Communicate with people from around the world who share common interests and goals.
- Present ideas with sensitivity to diverse audiences.
Enact Global Solutions
- Find opportunities to take action on issues and events that will contribute to the global society.
- Determine how your actions can have a positive effect on society.
- Act creatively to contribute to the local and global community.